As the Assistant Headteacher working at a Primary School in Hampshire, I have overall responsibility for Early Years Foundation Stage, Reception and Pre-School. I have also been identified as a Leading Foundation Stage Practitioner (LFSP) by Hampshire County Council’s Early Years Advisory team.
A recent HMI OFSTED inspection of my setting concluded, ‘Achievement is excellent in the Early Years Foundation Stage. This is because the development of reading, writing and speaking and listening is so effectively addressed, particularly through carefully structured and purposeful play.’ OFSTED 2013
I believe that children in Foundation Stage should develop new skills, through a play based approach, by accessing a carefully planned high quality indoor and outdoor learning environment which excites, enthuses and motivates them. The role of the adult is crucial in observing, cop-playing and extending children in their learning. Children’s interests must be kept at the heart of all that we do.
I support settings and practitioners in the private, voluntary and independent (PVI) and
maintained sectors in a variety of ways, including:
- offering advice to all practitioners in early years settings
- supporting settings in developing their EYFS practice and provision
- visiting settings and arranging for practitioners to visit my setting to view best practice
- delivering INSET to settings in areas of learning/practice
- modelling best practice and coaching other practitioners
Areas of expertise include:
- Continuous Provision
- Observation, Assessment and Planning
- Early mark making / writing
- Role of the Adult in child initiated learning time
- Objective led planning
- Planning from children’s interests
- Child centred display
- Key Person Approach
- Characteristics of Effective Learning
- Engaging boys
- Working with parents
- Early mathematics
If you wish to know more or receive training and or support from Tim please use the form below and we will get back in touch with you asap.