Saima has 22 years of teaching experience. She is passionate and committed to enhancing expectations and raising levels of achievement for all learners.
As part of her role as SLE, Saima raises awareness of R.E. through training and co-ordinating a team of teachers- through this, the team has flourished with more informed decision-making in place and raised attainment in R.E. Using sound resources and effective teaching strategies has had a significant impact of raising levels of teaching and learning within the school. This can be evidenced through pupil conferencing and written/photographic evidence contained within books. Saima seeks to strengthen RE as a core subject and give it a higher profile within school.
Saima has expertise in the following areas:
- Long, medium and short term planning.
- Innovative practice- including literacy across the curriculum.
- Coaching and mentoring to improve practice.
- Plan and lead informative and engaging assemblies, enhancing SMSC in school.
- Use of data to track attainment and inform development planning.
One of Saima’s biggest achievements was co-ordinating 35 staff members and 340 pupils to build a willow dome which was the first phase of a project to build a peace garden in the school grounds. Last year, Saima also co-ordinated two religious themed weeks across KS2.
Saima strives to give pupils a deeper learning experience in an engaging and memorable way!