The CTSA is committed to developing and implementing policies designed to bring about school improvement. Specialist Leaders of Education (SLEs) use their coaching and facilitation skills to support schools who would like to improve the outcomes for their children and young people in specific areas of the curriculum.
The CTSA effectively works alongside both County and Diocese colleagues in order to support schools within the Alliance demonstrated by an overall improvement in OFSTED judgements for teaching and learning.
The range of support that has been provided to date includes:-
- Analysis of RoL
- Audit of Provision and Planning
- Analysis of SEF
- Audit of Mathematics Provision and Planning
- Lesson observation
- Focused feedback to improve teaching and learning
- Develop provision for SEND/FSM and PP pupils
- Book moderation
- Audit weekly planning
- Interview members of governing body
- New Curriculum training
The structure developed comprises;-
- An initial face-to-face meeting with the Head of the school requesting support.
- A written agreement covering the support agreed; delivery mechanism, timing; cost and targeted outcomes.
- Following the last support activity and completion of any resulting report a Quality Assurance process is followed to ensure the targets have been achieved.
- Following a satisfactory QA process an invoice is drawn up to obtain the fees.
In each case this process has worked well and the feedback from the school recipients has been excellent. Those schools within the Alliance who have been supported by CTSA and had subsequent OFSTED inspections in 2014 have maintained their grade (St Joseph’s Oxford maintained a ‘good’ grade as did St Bernadette’s in Farnborough) . In the Inspection report from St Bernadette’s the impact of working with the CTSA was noted:
The school works exceptionally well with a range of agencies, most notably with …..the Catholic Teaching Schools Alliance. This benefits staff expertise and pupil progress especially well.
If you would like to know more please contact us.