UCAS Provider number : 1N4
UCAS Course Code: 2PZR
You will follow a school based course that leads to QTS, working with experienced teachers and guided by a mentor throughout.
The course content is individually tailored to ensure comprehensive coverage of the Mathematics Curriculum. You will initially carry out lesson observations and participate in team teaching sessions leading to opportunities for independent teaching.
Support on a 1-1 basis will be provided as well as in-house training sessions delivered by experienced school staff.
Your study includes participation in the distance learning resources on the eQ virtual learning environment (VLE) as well as attending training events run by e-Qualitas during the year usually in Central London.
The Virtual Learning Environment includes the following 6 modules:-
- Lesson Planning
- Behaviour Management
- Assessment – of pupils’ learning
- Meeting needs of different groups of pupils
- Wider context of teaching and learning Physics
- Subject teaching i.e. bringing everything together and how to teach Maths really effectively.
Your experience will be complemented by a placement of about 6 weeks in a different school within the Alliance, as well as other tailored and structured visits.
Your progress towards meeting the Teachers’ Standards is formally assessed at four points during the year:
- At the start of the course
- at the end of 10 working weeks
- at the end of 20 working weeks
- at the end of the training period
What are we looking for?
We are looking for applicants who have the potential to become outstanding teachers, who are able to think and work independently on their studies who would enjoy and benefit from training in a school.
Your personal qualities should include
- A high level of personal motivation to want to become an outstanding teachers;
- Willingness to learn from experience and to receive and act on feedback
- An analytical mind to better understand and overcome challenges;
- A creative and imaginative outlook to apply different ways of teaching ;
- Ability to work hard as teaching is a demanding role;
- Perseverance for tough times;
- Good organisational skills; and
- A good understanding an liking of young people
You will be charged a tuition fee of £8,000 + VAT
Applications for support in the form of tuition fee loans and maintenance grants/loans should be submitted to the Student Loans Company. The maximum student loan is £6,000 for teacher training with CTSA/e-Qualitas..
You may also be eligible for a tax-free training bursary, payable in monthly instalments during the course. This does not have to be repaid. Details about bursaries are on the NCTL website.
For this Maths course bursaries are available up to £25,000 for a 1st, £25,000 2:1, £25,000 2:2
How to Apply
You can only apply for this course via the UCAS Website citing the provider number and course code listed above. If you are successful you will be invited for interview at your potential host school.
If you want to have any more information you cannot find on this site, please don’t hesitate to get in touch;