UCAS Provider number : 1N4
UCAS Course Code: 2BFJ
You will follow a school based course that leads to Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), working with experienced teachers guided by a mentor throughout.
The course content is individually tailored to ensure the whole Primary subject spectrum is covered. You will initially carry out lesson observations and participate in team teaching sessions leading to opportunities for independent teaching.
Support on a 1-1 basis will be provided as well as in house training sessions delivered by experienced school staff.
Your study is supported by visits from your PCP tutor to your placement school as well as attending training events run by the PCP at their centre in Southampton during the year.
Your experience will be complimented by two placement blocks in different schools within the alliance, one Key stage 1 and the other in Key stage 2 (Usually in Hampshire or surrey) as well as other tailored and structured visits.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for applicants who have the potential to become outstanding teachers, who are able to think and work independently on their studies who would enjoy and benefit from training in a school.
Your personal qualities should include
- A high level of personal motivation to want to become an outstanding teachers;
- Willingness to learn from experience and to receive and act on feedback
- An analytical mind to better understand and overcome challenges;
- A creative and imaginative outlook to apply different ways of teaching ;
- Ability to work hard as teaching is a demanding role;
- Perseverance for tough times;
- Good organisational skills; and
- A good understanding an liking of young people
Course Entry requirements
- An Honours degree at least a 2:2
- You must have achieved a standard equivalent grade C in the GCSE examinations in English, Mathematics and a Science subject.If you do not meet the GCSE requirement, you can do an equivalence test.
- We recognise the tests offered by Equivalence Testing. Details can be found on their website at
- Equivalency Teasting
- You will need to have passed the Skills Test before entering initial teacher training, any offer you may receive will be based on your passing the skills test.
- You would be expected to have had some in-school experience from school visits and/or voluntary work to demonstrate your understanding of the teaching role and its responsibilities.
You will be charged a tuition fee of £9,000
Applications for support in the form of tuition fee loans and maintenance grants/loans should be submitted to the student loans company.
You may also be eligible for a tax-free training bursary, payable in monthly installments during the course. This does not have to be repaid. Details about bursaries are on the NCTL website.
You may find our section on ITT Financing useful.
How to Apply
You can only apply for this course via the UCAS Website citing the provider number and course code listed above. If you are successful you will be invited for interview at your potential host school.
If you want to have any more information you cannot find on this site, please don’t hesitate to get in touch;